Salary: Band D - depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hrs per week.
Location: London, North Acton.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm.
Reporting to: EMT Manager
Department: Equipment Management Team
About You & the Role:
An opportunity has arisen in our Equipment Management Team for a driven Equipment Coordinator with a proven experience from entertainment lighting rental environment. The purpose of this role is to ensure that Neg Earth Lights’ reputation for excellence and innovation is enhanced, by proactive and efficient monitoring, planning and allocation of lighting and rigging equipment to support project requirements in cooperation and to work alongside with the Project Team.
A proactive approach to equipment allocation and planning will be required in order to fulfil potential clients’ requirements.
You’ll play an essential part in your team and company success story by efficiently and effectively carrying out duties including:
- Managing the equipment requirements and acting as the primary contact between project handlers and warehouse teams.
- Sourcing equipment via carefully selected third party suppliers as and when appropriate.
- Ensuring that equipment requirements are correctly identified and all entries and amendments are accurately recorded onto the stock management system and communicated to all relevant internal teams.
- Checking that stock audits are carried out to ensure the stock management system is reflecting accurate stock quantities.
- Quality control of the use of the stock management system and suggesting solutions for repeated problems.
- Work alongside the project team on efficient and streamlined equipment administration process and working to agreed deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with Neg Earth Lights hire stock and industry trends.
- Always being ahead of the game in equipment planning and finding best possible solution for potential challenges during the project life span - such as equipment shortages, changes in clients’ requirements and schedules, etc.
- Being a friendly point of contact and support for the warehouse and office teams and also for the touring crew.
- Maintaining accuracy of all equipment related information throughout the project life span and ensuring efficient communication of all equipment related operations.
- Updating and communicate changes in equipment.
- Assisting in resolving any issues and equipment queries.
Our love of creating an amazing visual spectacle and being part of something special, drives who we are, and what we do, every day.
At Neg Earth Lights, we are at the top of the game. Voted favourite lighting rental company in the UK for the last 5 out of 7 years. We deliver quality and innovation on time, every time.
We believe that everything is possible. Whatever we do, we do with respect and passion within an exciting and inspiring community where everyone can excel. Using our collective creativity and resourcefulness, we truly believe that we can turn challenges into opportunities. The show must go on!
Come and experience the show from the best seat in the house. Get your hands on the latest and best quality equipment on the market and work with world renowned Lighting Designers. Set your career goals and follow your career development path while being part of a fun, inviting and diverse company culture.
- Industry knowledge and experience working in the live events environment.
- Knowledge of the newest trends in entertainment lighting and rigging.
- Proven experience interpreting plots.
- Experience in working with freelance crew.
- Experience sourcing equipment using a stock control systems.
- Advanced MS Office applications skills– Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being a real team player.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability
- Your ability to plan ahead, organise, prioritise, delegate and oversee workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, demonstrating resilience, flexibility and ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Can-do positive attitude
- Great communication skills.
- The show must go on so providing a 7 day operation/service is key. Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.
- Experience with Easy Job and Warehouse Management System.
- Proven negotiation skills – price, deadline and quantities negotiations.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary package
- Private Healthcare.
- Free onsite Gym.
- Free onsite parking.
- Enhanced sick pay (after successful probationary period).
- Enhanced annual leave package.
- The opportunity to continue to grow and develop whilst working alongside a skilled team in a supportive culture.
How to apply: please fill in our application form and submit your CV and Cover letter. Note that applicants who do not submit a cover letter and fill in the required application questions may not be shortlisted to interview.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read more about Neg Earth Lights and the role. We try very hard to reply to each applicant. As we receive a large number of candidate responses, unfortunately we are not always able to get back to every candidate individually. Therefore, should you not be contacted within 10 days after the submission of your application, then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You will however be contacted if you have been shortlisted to the next stage.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We’ll be happy to help with any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role. Let us know and we’ll do our best to make all possible adjustments.
We would like to encourage you to follow our LinkedIn, Facebook and website for other vacancies so that we can look forward to your application for other roles that may be of your interest in the future.
We wish you all the best of luck!