Salary: Band D (£23,062 - £30,030 per annum).
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week.
Location: London, North Acton, NW10.
Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 9:30am to 6:30pm.
Reporting to: Deputy Warehouse Manager.
Our love of creating an amazing visual spectacle and being part of something special, drives who we are, and what we do, every day.
At Neg Earth Lights, we are at the top of the game. Voted favourite lighting rental company in the UK for the last 5 out of 7 years. We deliver quality and innovation on time, every time.
We believe that everything is possible. Whatever we do, we do with respect and passion within an exciting and inspiring community where everyone can excel. Using our collective creativity and resourcefulness, we truly believe that we can turn challenges into opportunities. The show must go on!
Come and experience the show from the best seat in the house. Get your hands on the latest and best quality equipment on the market and work with world renowned Lighting Designers. Set your career goals and follow your career development path while being part of a fun, inviting and diverse company culture.
About You & The Role:
Our team is rapidly expanding and an opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operative ideally with experience within entertainment industry and a keen interest in lighting.
This role is part of a team of four that will rotate duties within the general warehouse, including
Cable, Spray Booth, Generics, Smokes and Strobes. The purpose of this role is to provide assistance where required within the warehouse whilst ensuring that the Company’s jobs are completed to the required speciation and within the designated timescales.
Are you looking for a fast paced warehouse based role within a friendly and results orientated team? Are you practically minded with a keen interest in entertainment Are you a great communicator and collaborative problem solver? Is building and maintaining strong relationships really important to you, even in challenging times? Are you a resilient self-starter who prioritises like a pro to stay ahead of the game? Can you respond calmly and maintain focus when faced with the challenges of last minute changes?
You’ll play an essential part in your team and company success story by:
Efficiently and effectively carrying out duties including:
- General warehouse
- Loading and unloading vehicles.
- Gathering and storing equipment for loads / reallocation back into the warehouse.
- Ensuring that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labeled and stored appropriately.
- Assisting with the build and disassembly of equipment.
- De-rigging stage lighting systems
- Testing, cleaning, recoiling, looming and putting away all cables pre and post hires.
- Stock Management of all cable, including picking, checking in, barcode scanning and testing.
- Maintaining pre-built looms, including looming and de-looming.
- Measuring and labelling of power and data cable.
- As directed by Management, planning and prioritising work activities of warehouse casuals and local crew.
- Spray Booth duties:
- Preparing truss, metal work and wood work for painting.
- Hand painting truss, metal work and woodwork, and to stencil when required.
- Roller painting/spraying truss and metal work.
- Mixing paint and cleaning tools and equipment for spraying and stenciling.
- Smokes, Generics and Strobes:
- Prepare, clean and test smoke machines and fans, Generics fixtures and Strobes for hire in line with company standards and clients requirements.
- Maintain, fault find and repair the equipment in accordance with company standards.
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We can’t live without your:
- Proven experience of working within a similar role within the entertainment industry.
- Basic working knowledge of electricity and wiring.
- Autonomy and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Customer focused mentality and exemplary attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills, adaptability and flexibility.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written.
- Your ability to plan ahead, organize and prioritise workload.
- The show must go on so providing a 7 day operation/service is key. Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.
Nice to have, but we’ll be happy to offer additional training and support in:.
- Experience with fault finding and assembly work in relation to all power and data cable.
- Basic working knowledge of Generic lighting fixtures.
- Basic working knowledge of Smoke Machines and Strobes.
We are also curious about:
- Driving Licence
- Relevant Electrical qualification or demonstrate experience
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary package
- Overtime pay (T&Cs apply)
- Private Healthcare (Cash plan after 6 months and BUPA after 1 year of continuous service).
- Free onsite Gym.
- Free onsite parking.
- Enhanced sick pay (after successful probationary period).
- Enhanced annual leave package.
- Breakfast and fruit.
- Free tickets to current events (limited to existing stock and conditional to our lottery system).
- Learning and Development sponsoring programs (after successful probationary period. T&Cs apply).
- Annual bonus (T&Cs apply).
- The opportunity to continue to grow and develop whilst working alongside a skilled team in a supportive culture.
How to apply: please fill in our application form and submit your CV and Cover letter. Note that applicants who do not submit a cover letter and fill in the required application questions may not be shortlisted to interview.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read more about Neg Earth Lights and the role. We try very hard to reply to each applicant. As we receive a large number of candidate responses, unfortunately we are not always able to get back to every candidate individually. Therefore, should you not be contacted within 10 days after the submission of your application, then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You will however be contacted if you have been shortlisted to the next stage.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We’ll be happy to help with any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role. Let us know and we’ll do our best to make all possible adjustments.
We would like to encourage you to follow our LinkedIn, Facebook and website for other vacancies so that we can look forward to your application for other roles that may be of your interest in the future.
We wish you all the best of luck!