Deputy Warehouse Manager
Deputy Warehouse Manager
Salary: Band B - depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hrs per week.
Location: London, North Acton.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm, Includes Weekend Work on Rotation (Approximately 1 - 2 weekends per, month with a designated time off during the week).
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager.
About You & The Role:
Our team is rapidly expanding and an exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional Deputy Warehouse Manager.
The Purpose of the role is to ensure of smooth overall operations in the warehouse, managing warehouse supervisors and ensuring that all communications with office departments and warehouse departments are relayed promptly and accurately.
Are you a great communicator and collaborative problem solver? Do you have a passion for excellence? Can you communicate comfortably across a broad spectrum of people? Is building and maintaining strong relationships really important to you, even in challenging times? Are you a resilient self-starter who prioritises like a pro to stay ahead of the game? Are you organized accurate and have great attention to detail? Can you respond calmly and maintain focus when faced with the challenges of last minute changes? Can you deliver on time, every time? Do you inspire others and create an environment where others are motivated to excel?
You’ll play an essential part in your team and company success story by:
- Managing Warehouse Team and Leading by Example
- Ensuring sufficient manpower to carry out loading/tipping of equipment.
- Assisting with the management of all central warehouse staff rotas, overtime, staff absences (sickness & holiday.)
- Day to day line management of Warehouse departments’ team leaders and warehouse supervisors.
- Covering the Warehouse Manager responsibilities whenever the Warehouse Manager is absent.
- Working closely with warehouse departments and ensuring that they are fully aware of work requirements and order of priority.
- Ensuring that all equipment for tours/sub-hires is correct, fully prepped in accordance to the Company standard.
- Ensuring all equipment is stored in its allocated area/position.
- Liaising with various departments and the office throughout the day with regard to all collections and/or deliveries due. Ensuring the necessary information is relayed to the driver(s).
- Liaising with other Heads of Departments to ensure all H&S, COSHH and PPE requirements are observed and applied.
- Streamlining communications to and from the MD and Warehouse Manager are enabled with accuracy and in a timely manner
- Maintaining and facilitating effective communication and liaison with the Project Office, Warehouse and transportation companies to ensure the safe, efficient and timely transportation of equipment.
- Working in conjunction with Project Handlers, Warehouse Management, and Crew to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term client relationships.
- Ensuring that all warehouse operational activities encourage efficient and suitable working environments for employees, crew and freelancers.
- Completing Risk Assessments, reviewing as required and managing residual risks to acceptable levels. Completing Safe Systems of Work as required by Risk Assessments.
- Investigating incidents and accidents as they occur with the view to preventing reoccurrences
- Ensuring freelancers and crew adhere to Neg Earth Standard Operating Procedures and Safety requirements at all times.
Our love of creating an amazing visual spectacle and being part of something special, drives who we are, and what we do, every day.
At Neg Earth Lights, we are at the top of the game. Voted favourite lighting rental company in the UK for the last 5 out of 7 years. We deliver quality and innovation on time, every time.
We believe that everything is possible. Whatever we do, we do with respect and passion within an exciting and inspiring community where everyone can excel. Using our collective creativity and resourcefulness, we truly believe that we can turn challenges into opportunities. The show must go on!
Come and experience the show from the best seat in the house. Get your hands on the latest and best quality equipment on the market and work with world renowned Lighting Designers. Set your career goals and follow your career development path while being part of a fun, inviting and diverse company culture.
We can’t live without your:
- Proven experience from a similar industry based role.
- Proven and demonstrable managerial or supervisory experience.
- Great operational and logistics skills and enthusiasm for technology and entertainment / lighting industry.
- The use of a stock control system.
- Advanced MS Office applications skills– Outlook, Excel, Word
- High level of accuracy, with impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being a real team player.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability and see things through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, demonstrating resilience, flexibility and ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Your ability to plan ahead, organise, prioritise, delegate and oversee workload.
- The show must go on so providing a 7 day operation/service is key. Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.
Nice to have, but we’ll be happy to offer additional training and support in:
- Knowledge of lighting and rigging equipment.
- Experience with Preparation and repair of lighting and associated equipment.
- Experience working in equipment rental house.
- Experience using Easy Job and WMS Software.
- Valid FLT Licence
- Fist Aider Certificate
- Valid Rigging Certificate
- Valid UK clean driving license
- Valid IPAF Certification
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary package
- Private Healthcare.
- Free onsite Gym.
- Free onsite parking.
- Enhanced sick pay (after successful probationary period).
- Enhanced annual leave package.
- The opportunity to continue to grow and develop whilst working alongside a skilled team in a supportive culture.
How to apply: please fill in our application form and submit your CV and Cover letter. Note that applicants who do not submit a cover letter and fill in the required application questions may not be shortlisted to interview.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read more about Neg Earth Lights and the role. We try very hard to reply to each applicant. As we receive a large number of candidate responses, unfortunately we are not always able to get back to every candidate individually. Therefore, should you not be contacted within 10 days after the submission of your application, then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You will however be contacted if you have been shortlisted to the next stage.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We’ll be happy to help with any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role. Let us know and we’ll do our best to make all possible adjustments.
We would like to encourage you to follow our LinkedIn, Facebook and website for other vacancies so that we can look forward to your application for other roles that may be of your interest in the future.
We wish you all the best of luck!